giovedì 20 novembre 2014

CISCO LAYER 3 SWITCHES AND ROUTING

Buon salve all,
how are you? How does proceed your digital life?
Today, after some posts related to Juniper, I would like to speak briefly of Cisco.
In particular I want to remember you and me one importat thing about the layer 3 switches. I excuse with you if you find this argument too much simple, in this case please, consider this post just a simple reminder.

I directly come to the point:

in a layer 3 Cisco switch, if you don't type the command ip routing you can configure alla the interface vlan that you need, all the ip route that you want, but the switch doesn't apply routing.

In fact if you type the command show ip route to check the routing table, you find that is empty.

After applying the command ip routing you find the routing table as expected: with all the directly connected route and the static route you have configured.

And for today it's all.

 I hope this post can help you and your troubleshooting!


Have a nice day!
DiGiTsHaMaN


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento